There are a lot of ways to Celebrate National Adoption Awareness Month:
- SUPPORT ADOPTION FOUNDATIONS
Lifetime Adoption Foundation is a non-profit charity that assists the women choosing adoption, both with their physical needs and their futures, through educational scholarships. It also offers grants for families open to adopting hard-to-place children. Donations received go directly to funding both of these programs.
- WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR LOCAL NEWSPAPER ABOUT THE BLESSING OF ADOPTION
For ideas and stories, click here to visit websites about adoption.
- READ AN ADOPTION STORY AS A FAMILY
Read stories about Lifetime Adoption’s most recently adopted babies and children, and updates on previous adoptions.
- ASK YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY TO DISPLAY ADOPTION-RELATED BOOKS
Adoption expert Mardie Caldwell has written several books on adoption including AdoptingOnline.com, Adoption: Your Step-by-Step Guide, Called to Adoption, So I Was Thinking About Adoption… and The Healthcare Professional’s Adoption Guide.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT POSITIVE ADOPTION LANGUAGE
Using positive adoption language will help end the myth that adoption is second best. By using positive adoption language, you’ll reflect the true nature of adoption, free of stereotypes.
- PURCHASE AN ADOPTION PRAYER BRACELET for yourself or someone you know who has been touched by adoption. Wearing an Adoption Prayer Bracelet is a lovely way to display your adoption hope and a reminder to pray for your adoption and those involved in the adoption. All proceeds from Adoption Prayer Bracelets to go a non-profit which helps birth mothers, children, and adoptive parents.
- PRAY FOR ADOPTION – this beautiful prayer card serves as a reminder to pray for adoption, remembering to lift up birth families, and adoptive parents, who will come together who through adoption. Find encouragement and inspiration using this 30 Days to Pray for Adoption guide.